Part 2: Working with Students
Section 2.3: Accepting Academic Recommendation Requests
The process for responding to academic recommendation requests is similar to the student contact request process.
The requests will arrive by email as well as a notification directly in your MyCoalition account. To accept the request:
- Click the View Request button in the student’s email. The MyCoalition login/create account screen at mycoalition.org will open in your default browser.
- Log in to your account. (If you don’t yet have a MyCoalition account, use the Create Account link to open one and then follow the instructions below. See Section 1.1 Creating a Counselor Account for more information.)
- The student email takes you directly to the Documents page. (Note: if you are already working in your MyCoalition account, another way to get to the Documents page is to click Documents in the top navigation and select Home from the drop-down list.)
The Documents page lists all of the application document requests—and their status—that you have received in the current admissions cycle. It can be sorted ascending or descending by type, status, request date, student name, or student email. You can also use the search box to find the request you are looking for.
- Find your student in the list and click the Start button for the Academic Rec document type. (If you are also the student’s counselor, you might also receive a Counselor Rec request from the student. See “Section 2.4 Accepting Counselor Recommendation and Transcript Requests” for instructions on completing those types of requests.)
The Academic Recommendation form is divided into three sections:
The remaining instructions in this section step through the process of filling out the Academic Recommendation form.
- Contact Information for adding your professional information
- Student Assessment for detailing the course name(s) and grade level(s) in which you taught the student. You will also find (optional) sliders for rating student qualities like maturity, confidence, and reactions to setbacks.
- Recommendation for uploading the written teacher evaluation
Table of Contents | Section 2.3A: Providing Contact Information